Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meal Planning

I have lately become obssessed with decorating/organizing blogs because I have lots to learn in both areas. I want to be organized, I love when things are organized, but I have the hardest time knowing where to start on a project. So, as I was browsing the blogs, I came across a cool tidbit in regards to meal organization - planning your menu using "theme"nights. For example, we will start doing this:

Monday - Mexican or Italian (tacos, spaghetti, etc.)

Tuesday - Crock Pot

Wednesday - Chicken

Thursday - Beef

Friday - out to eat

Saturday - out to eat

Sunday - Matt grills (but it could also be fish night)

I think this will help me when I'm trying to decide what we will be eating for the upcoming week(and, the family will know what kind of food we'll be eating). I also love this sweet menu planning decoration from my good friend, Cara. I may need to complete this craft for my kitchen!

I've got lots of great new recipes to post, so be looking for that!

I was all excited about planning our meals for the week, and so went to the grocery store with the list of what I needed, got home, and then realized that we would be out on Tuesday and Wednesday nights of this week. I'll just push back each meal a day (except Mondays). Here's what we're eating this week (and it includes some new ones) without showing the "push back." (if that makes any sense at all!)

Monday: Taco Pie

Tuesday: Pulled Pork Burritos

Wednesday: One dish Chicken meal (a new recipe, so I can't vouch for it yet)

Thursday: Mrs. Texas Casserole (another new one - I just liked the name of it! I hope it's good)

No comments:

Post a Comment