I have Dena to thank for this yummy meal! And, seeing how our family LOVES all things pizza, it’s a sure winner, and a staple in our house now!
*2 cans Pillsbury thin-crust pizza dough (sold in the slice-and-bake cookies section)
*Fillings (we like ground beef and pepperoni)
*container of pizza sauce (I’ve tried the Contadina brand and the Hunt’s – both good)
*2 cups bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
*olive oil/garlic powder/Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray deep 9x13 pan with PAM
3. Roll out one of the pizza doughs to fit the bottom of the pan.
4. Spread dough with about 1 cup sauce (I don’t measure this – I like mine saucy so I probably use more than a cup)
5. Layer with your choice of fillings and top with cheese.
6. Roll out 2nd pizza dough (or use half of one – this is what I did to use less bread) and place on top.
7. Use a fork to make air vents in the top crust.
8. Spread a few tablespoons olive oil on top and sprinkle Italian seasoning and Garlic Powder.
9. Bake for 45 mins. or until crust is golden brown.