Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pulled Pork Burritos

Dena gave me this recipe because I knew when she was describing it that it would be perfect for our family!!! (Of course, when I say that, I really mean Matt and I seeing how I can count on 1 hand the dinners I make that Reid eats - dinner crack down is coming soon with him though!) Anyway, whenever I cook a dinner that has any type of sauce, or additional toppings, it has to be something that is made separately because Matt likes things plain. This recipe is the perfect combination!! You'll see what I mean from the recipe. Oh, and Bonus! It's crock pot!!!





Pulled Pork Burritos


2-3 pound pork roast (NOT the tenderloin), trim the fat (I used a shoulder pork that had a bone, and didn't worry about trimming the fat)
1 packet of burrito seasoning
1 onion, sliced
2 cans of enchilada sauce (one mild and one medium)
2 cans of pinto beans, drained
1 can of rotel, drained
tortillas

Put pork roast in crock pot with packet of burrito seasoning and sliced onions and around a cup of water and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
In a pot, combine beans, rotel and enchilada sauces, cook on medium to low heat until warm just before you are ready to eat.
Pull apart the pork, it should literally fall apart.
Serve pork in tortillas (flour are best) and top with bean/enchilada sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.

This meal was great for us because Matt just ate the pulled pork (it was delicious by itself) and I was able to make the full burrito with sauce and all the toppings because that's how I roll - I love to include everything when I'm eating something like that!

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am making this tonight and can hardly wait to taste it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete