Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Black Bean Enchiladas

This meal is another winner!!!! Even my husband who must have some kind of meat with every meal loved this! We ate these for a few days until they were all gone. We had no idea this meal was a Weight Watchers meal until I emailed my friend who brought this dinner for the recipe. Bonus!! Thanks Emily!!!





Black Bean Enchiladas

*1 onion
*2 cans black beans (puree ½ of one can)
*1 tsp cumin
*1 tsp garlic salt
*½ cup 2% fat cheese (I use mixed cheese)
*10-12 corn tortillas, or flour
(when I use corn, a tip so they don't just tear and break when you fill them - spray them with PAM on both sides, and put them on a baking sheet and pop into a 325 degree oven for 5-10 minutes and it softens them right up!)
*2 tomatoes, diced (I use Rotel in a can, or diced tomatoes, drained)
*2 cans enchilada sauce
*Fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Saute onion in non-stick pan until translucent. Add beans and spices. Heat until warm. Add tomatoes and cilantro to pan. Pour a little enchilada sauce in bottom of baking dish. Put 2-3 T of beans in each enchilada with a tsp of cheese. Wrap each tortilla and place loose end down in dish. Cover with the rest of the enchilada sauce, cheese and beans. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Top with fresh cilantro.


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on Kendall Stoy's blog and I am now visiting reaularly to find recipe ideas! :) This is great...keep those yummy (and easy for the most part) dishes coming! :) Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete