Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello Down Home Goodness

I love cream style corn. I love cornbread. Mix together, get my FAVORITE corn/cornbread casserole. Thank you Paula Deen! I love to make this when I make chili. Oh.The.Goodness.

Corn Casserole

1 (15 1/4 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained

1 (14 3/4 oz) can cream-style corn

1 8oz. pkg. corn muffiin mix (JIFFY!!!)

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Chedder

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. In a large bowl stir together 2 cans corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream and melted butter. Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake for 45 mins. or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with cheese. Return to oven for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 mins and serve warm.

**I’ve also mixed my cheese in with the other ingredients and just baked for about an hour (I like mine to be more “done” so it’s not quite so mushy, so I bake this for longer than what is in the recipe)

YUMMMMMM!!!!!

DSC_5579 DSC_5578

2 comments:

  1. This is a recipe we've had in the family for years. You can add green chilies to kick it up a bit. I have varied the cheese, too, for a different flavor. The Green Chilies and Cheese version is the requested hit for thanksgiving every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this all the time but I add sauteed onions to the top and just dollop sour cream on it. Also, some chopped jalepenos. Everyone raves over it!

    ReplyDelete